To drive Packages category sales on lastminute.com, lastminute.ie and bravofly.co.uk websites, through on site merchandising and all marketing channels. Focusing on destination level performance and pricing analysis, merchandising effectiveness and improving user experience and product offering on our landing pages and booking path. Own and drive planning for merchandising/tactical activities with full responsibility for hitting financial targets set for the area.
Key Responsibilities will include
Skills and Experience - specialist technical knowledge
- Drive packages sales through onsite merchandising, SEO, affiliates, CRM and digital acquisition channels. Working closely with marketing teams to co-ordinate efforts, set goals, and targets for efficiency and strategy for packages business area
- Monitor and analyse pricing/rankings and make adjustments where required. Working closely with supply teams on content, promotional activities and pricing, making sure we remain competitive on the market at all times
- Own and drive the sales calendar for promotional activities, providing visibility to wider teams and key stakeholders and agree necessary support for all the planned activities, to achieve set goals and objectives
- In depth analysis of performance by destination/product and understanding of our customer profile and demographics, to make informed decisions on merchandising and promotional activities and content requirements
- In depth analysis of booking path and landing/merchandising pages, to better understand customer behavior, and user journey, to enable us to improve conversion and maximise revenue per visitor
- Work closely with user experience and product team, to build and optimise landing and merchandising pages for improved conversion and product placement
- Monitor competitor activities and highlight any pricing gaps/opportunities, to make sure we always remain competitive in the market and have competitive product available
- Collate, analyse and interpret financial, sales and market information, and to provide meaningful commentary and recommendations for senior leadership team
- Full responsibility for hitting financial targets for HDP business area
- Primary product focus in packaging area (i.e. Flight/Train + Hotel), however secondary focus also on hotel only product where overlap with packaging exists
- Educated to a Degree level or similar qualification
- Must be fully proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to deliver against business objectives and targets
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic web analytics experience and GDS knowledge
- Proven previous experience in DP and/or packages trading and/or sales environment, preferably within an OTA and/or tour operator
- Wide industry knowledge and understanding of the online travel business.
- Destination management experience
- A passion for the web and the potential of e-commerce.
- Thorough and meticulous with extreme attention to detail.
- Proactive team player.
- Self-motivated, uses initiative and problem solver.
- Work to tight deadlines with a can do attitude.
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done.
- Second language
- Previous DP trading, sales and/or product management experience in OTA environment
- Sabre & Amadeus GDS knowledge and CAT35 fare content management
- Thorough and meticulous with extreme attention to detail
- Proactive team player
- Self-motivated, tenacious, uses initiative and problem solver
- Work to tight deadlines with a can-do attitude
- Strong communicator internal / external