lastminute.com group is a publicly traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry, and we operate a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Bravofly, Rumbo, Volagratis and Jetcost.
Every month, the Group reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 43 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services.
Lastminute.com group is looking for a Head of Marketing BI for its Marketing department based in Chiasso.
Key Responsibilities will include
● Champion and rally the Marketing organization around BI.
● Understand Key Performance Measures and Indicators that drive company measurement, reporting and analytics for Marketing, Media and Advertising sales departments and become an evangelist and an advocate on those.
● Understand how these metrics and measures align and track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives.
● Ability to retain and motivate top BI talent: marketing analysts, Data Scientist and technologists
● Manage the recruitment, then manage and engage a small team of Marketing Analysts and technologist.
Skills and Experience
● 5+ Years experience as BI professional.
● Understanding how to help technically less skilled members of the organization, acting as a Mentor and a reference.
● Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources through ETL, API or messaging middleware.
● Exposure to various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Google DataFlow or Talend.
● Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks.
● Fluent in English. Another language among Spanish, Italian or French will be a plus.
● Advanced knowledge of relational model and any dialect of SQL. Involvement in large scale Data Warehousing, datamart-related projects is a plus.
● Google Compute Platform architectural understanding.
● Exposure to Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala and/or HPE Vertica environment (considered a plus).
● Proficient in BI tools such as report builders, ad-hoc queries, OLAP, dashboards, BAM (business activity monitoring), data mining and predictive modeling
● Exposure to projects in stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Google DataFlow, Storm, Spark-Streaming, TIBCO Streambase, etc. is considered a plus.
● Knowledgeable and point of reference for dimensional data modeling principles (star and snowflake schemas, denormalized data structures, slowly changing dimensions, etc) necessary to support
● Familiarity with physical data architecture options such as enterprise data warehouse, data federation, hub & spoke architectures, independent data marts
● Familiarity with Data integration tools and techniques such as ETL (Extract Transform Load), CDC (Change Data Capture)
● Experience with relevant related areas such as data quality, master data management, metadata management, collaboration and business process management
● Understanding of service and project management frameworks, ITIL, CMMI, PRINCE2 and PMP.
● Working knowledge of kanban, agile, scrum, continuous delivery and deployment, pipeline, retrofitting and cloud.
● Be proficient in all aspects of BI and Information Management processes, technologies and architectures such as BI delivery mechanisms: portals, thin/thick clients, email/mobile phone alerts, etc
● Mentality to do the right thing - even when people might not notice the effort. This includes keeping documentation up to date, adding nice to have information to request tickets...
● Critical thinking, defending vigorously your own ideas, but be able to change them at the right time.
● Pragmatic, but able to be meticulous with attention to detail.
● Highly self-motivated, uses initiative and “go to” problem solver.
● Good relationship builder and able to position the role as a key ally, support and help to delivery teams.
● Able to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a can-do attitude.
● A passion for the web and the potential of eCommerce.
● Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done.
● Committed to, and actively works towards, continuous self-improvement and growth of others around him/her.
● International standing and presentation skills
● High level of interpersonal and negotiation skills
● Conduct communications to build long-term client relationships within departments/divisions and with middle level contacts in partner and vendor organizations