The lastminute.com brand with its unique positioning and tone of voice is a brand that is made for social media. We think we are already rather good at managing our social channels, but we always want to develop further and stand out in this crowded market place. Therefore, we are looking for an ambitious, highly motivated individual to assist with the delivery, development, implementation and analysis of our social media marketing strategy in the UK and FR.
We are looking for someone who has a strong grounding and passion for social media, who truly enjoys the fast paced and spontaneous nature of the medium, who is highly creative as well as analytical, who already has some knowledge how to spend the £££ efficiently, is familiar with emerging platforms and comfortable with exploring new technologies and the opportunities within them. We love to work as a team, so we are keen to find a candidate who will enjoy to work closely with others in the Marketing, PR, SEO, Content, Customer Service, Trading and Product teams to support the business, protect the brand and integrate campaigns and strategy. There will also be occasional travel between our European offices (Paris, Madrid and Chiasso).
Key Responsibilities will include
- Contribute to the definition of the role and strategy of our main channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram), and map out development plans for each channel
- A key role in the day-to-day Community Management of lastminute.com social media platforms, this includes planning, posting using Sprinklr, testing and measurement of engagements/fans and monitoring.
- Initiate and engage our audiences in conversation across all our social media channels and platforms.
- Flag potential problems on social channels especially customer service queries and respond as appropriate within brand guidelines.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key social spaces such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Support marketing and trading team initiatives / campaigns across social channels
Planning and Reporting
- Work with Content Providers (agencies, inhouse and freelancers) to produce and source content for use across multiple channels and in a number of formats, including video, graphic and written content
- Resize images to be used on all social channels
- Set up partnerships with online Influencers, Bloggers and Vloggers
- Research and engage with relevant influencers within the social media space to drive awareness of our products and expand our reach within respective communitie
Paid Social Media
- Create weekly content plans and monthly editorial calendars and coordinate with large themed trading and marketing campaigns across social media channels
- Provide competitor, product and category insights that can be leveraged through social marketing
- Develop and create weekly, monthly and campaign analytics reports, collating data and present regular analysis of campaigns and trends
- Proactively identify new social spaces and develop ideas for these channels
- Contribute to the planning and strategy development for paid campaigns on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Set up ads and optimize using tools like Kenshoo
- Manage the budget for each campaign
- Create and provide post campaign reports
Skills and Experience - specialist technical knowledge
- Bi-lingual speaking and creative writing in English and French
- Degree in a relevant subject or similar qualification
- Proven previous experience in a similar social media marketing role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience of using Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter within a business environment
- Competent in using all relevant social reporting tools (Facebook insights, Twitter insights etc).
- Competent in using social monitoring, advertising and scheduling tools for example Hootsuite, Kenshoo, Sprinklr etcBe highly organised, able to multi-task and proactively manage workload
- Analytical and results driven and delivery focused
- Meticulous attention to detail with a pride in the final product
- Creative mindset with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional marketing qualification
- Ability to use Photoshop or a similar design editing tool
- Thorough and meticulous with extreme attention to detail
- Proactive team player
- Self-motivated, tenacious, uses initiative and problem solver
- Work to tight deadlines with a can-do attitude
- Strong communicator internal / external